Monday, November 23, 2009
Another day of Friend Makin Mondays hosted here.
This week it's all about Thanksgiving!!
1. Turkey or Ham? Turkey
2. Favorite side dish? Mashed potaotoes with lots of butter and gravy
3. Favorite dessert. Chocolate cake, I'm not a pie girl.
4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? NOPE!!!
5. If so, what's on the top of your list?
6. Going out of town or staying close to home? Close to home, going to my sisters for dinner.7. Hosting or helping? Helping. I'm in charge of Mashed Potatoes!8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. Hubby and I take the kids the day after Thanksgiving to get our x-mas tree and the kids and I wrap up all our Christmas themed books for our "Count Down to Christmas." We put all the wrapped books under our tree and each night from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve the kids pick one book to unwrap and read as a family. We wrap "The Night Before Christmas" in a different paper then all the rest so that one is the last bookwe read. The kids love it and get excited to watch the books dwindle knowing it means Christmas is getting closer. It's our own kind of advent calendar.
9. What do you do after dinner? Just hangout and be lazy....sleep
10. What are you most thankful for this year? This year has been emotionally difficult with alot of ups and downs and I am MOST thankful that my husband and I have weathered the storms and are still standing!!!